Friday, March 27, 2009

Sarah & Dylan

Tonight I attended the visitation of a very young woman. 32 I think~the mother of Sarah & Dylan. I got to know these two kiddos last year at church. I taught the childrens choir and they attended our church for a short time.

Dylan and Sarah found their mother dead on Wednesday morning. They are so young, Dylan is probably in his pre-teens & Sarah is 10. When I hugged Sarah tonight, I squeezed her so tight and didn't want to let her go. I just wanted to scoop her up and take her pain away. I know exactly what her pain feels like; having lost a parent myself. I know how hard it was for me, and I have a family of my own. I can't imagine being so young and innocent, and not having one of my parents. To know that they would never walk through our door again.

We are not promised tomorrow; it may never come. I am so thankful for my salvation & to know that we do have hope in Jesus Christ. If my tomorrow isn't on earth, it will be spent in Heaven for eternity.

Please pray for these two and their entire family. Pray for strength and peace, that only God can give.

No comments: