Friday, March 6, 2009

Grandma Beal





Okay, I know I have already made two posts tonight. Give me a break, my kids are at Mom's & Eric is working, I had a lot of catching up to do.
These are pics of my Grandmother, Rachel Beal. She has always been an interesting lady. Not much of a kid person, although she has 8 of her own. Three years ago she and my grandfather were in a car wreck, and my grandma hasn't been the same. She suffered a blow to the head and ever since she has slowly changed. One day she no longer wants to live with my grandpa and the next she forgets who people are. She has had some funny moments, however sad too. Funny: she acts just like a kid, she throws herself on the bed and cries like a child, closes her eyes when someone is telling her to do something, & loses her glasses at least 2 times a day. Sad: forgetting the names of her grandchildren, thinking her first husband is alive (who has been dead for 40+ years), and is getting a little physical with caretakers.
I wasn't trying to make you sad, just wanted to post these pics of the girls and their Great-Grandma. I know she would love them to pieces if she was in her right state of mind. Most of the time when she is around them now, she just stares at them. Maybe wondering who they are or if they are her own children. I often think of how she must feel, Lost I'm sure.
We love you Grandma Beal

No comments: