Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Start of Something New

I decided it was time to start the wonderful world of Blog. My sister Mandi inspired me, she recently created a blog for my Dad, Bobby, who was battling ARDS. She did this so everyone could keep up with his progress. However, my Dad didn't progress the way we had hoped. We hoped to keep him with us forever, but that just wasn't God's plan. He decided to take him at the age of 53. To me, that is way too young; but death has no age. This has been the hardest time of my life, my poor Mother, my poor little Girls & my nephews. Although my girls are small, they loved their 'Papa-Doo'~he was their world and they were his. I will never let them forget about him and what an impact he had on their little lives. There is a story behind 'Papa-Doo'....when Abby was little, she called him Papa. He would tease her and say Abby-Dabby-Doooooooo; of course she would cry to Mom and mom would say "call him Papa-Doo". Well, it stuck. That is what she has called him since that day. Even little Anna Grace picked it up, hers sounded more like 'Pada-Doo' though. My Dad will never be forgotten, he will live on in those precious little smiles and laughs. Everytime I hear them laugh or see them smile, I will think of him. He made them smile when he entered the room and that smile never faded. You will probably hear a lot more about him in the future, as he was a great part of my life. So, until next time..............



No comments: