Monday, September 22, 2008

Lunch with Grandma Brumley

Okay....so if you don't already know, Bobby (papa-doo) is not my bio-father. He married my mom when I was 5. Grandma Brumley is his mother and she is a go-getter. My girls haven't been around her a lot, as we don't live that close (that is no excuse, but we are making things better now). Anyhoo, yesterday we had lunch with Grandma Brumley after church and she just amazes Abby & Anna Grace. She fixed a big spread of food.....too much...and it was all delicious. Then after lunch, we all kicked back to relax. Well, here go the kids running thru the house, instead of fussing at them for running, she starts running with them. She has to be at least late 70's early 80's. When she finishes running, she falls in the living room floor and starts kicking like a horse. She tried to get Abby in the floor to show her how to do this, but Ab was a little shy. My girls just stood there in total shock that a G-ma could do this. I think they thought she was a little crazy, but funny too. She might be, but that is why we love her.....she is so much fun. Reminds me so much of my Dad. They really did attach themselves to her very quickly though. Last night in bed Anna Grace was talking about her and giggling. Someday I hope that I will be a fun Great-Grandma like her :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's 75 and will run circles around all of us for many more yrs. lol. Glad she's getting to know ya'll.
Suanne